I'm having trouble with one of my Mon instances.  The alert appears
to be getting sent way too soon:

> Group          : mailservers
> Service        : imap
> Time noticed   : Wed Mar 31 11:33:29 2004
> Members               : imapserver1
> Down for 0 seconds
>
> Detailed text (if any) follows:
> -------------------------------
> imapserver1 timeout(30)

Note the "down for 0 seconds".  But the period definition that's
kicking in for this alarm says:

    period daytimecoverage: wd {Mon-Fri} hr {9am-8pm}
        alert    mymail.alert <pager address>
        upalert  mymail.alert <pager address>
        numalerts 1
        comp_alerts
        alertafter 10m

The config file is adapted from another instance of mon which doesn't
have this problem.  I haven't upgraded yet to the current Mon release,
I'm still a few revs behind.  Environment is NetBSD 1.5, perl 5.005.

Any ideas on how to debug this?

        -- Ed