On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 12:07:50PM +0200, Sylvain Clerc wrote:
> I arrive to make freeradius.monitor working when I run it alone like this :
> ./freeradius.monitor -S /etc/raddb/sec.radclient -f
> /etc/raddb/attr.radclient -hosts localhost
>
> I can read in the freeradius log that it sends an access-accept but on
> the "freeradius.monitor" side, there is nothing appears. First, I
> would know if it's normal

Yes, freeradius.monitor, like most of the monitors in Mon, will exit with
a zero return status and print nothing to indicate that the service being
monitored passes the test.

> and next, when I use this file with mon, I
> haven't any request received in freeradius logs

There's probably some environment difference between the command line you
used and that of the Mon user.  Maybe the permissions on
/etc/raddb/sec.radclient or /etc/raddb/attr.radclient?

Try "su - monuser" and run the freeradiusd.monitor command from there.
Also, have you turned on monerrfile in mon.cf so that the output to stderr
is captured somewhere?  radclient may be spitting out error messages and
you're losing them.  If you get desparate, temporarily modify
freeradius.monitor to call radclient with strace/ktrace/truss or whatever
your system uses, then review the trace file for clues.

        -- Ed