On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 03:53:08PM +0100, Bryan Chapman wrote:

>    Our config file is getting a bit out of hand, its 2600 lines long now
>    and a bit of a head ache to manage.
>
>    Is it possible to have a main configs file and to `include' other
>    sub-config files?

You can do it by converting your config file to M4 and use the M4 include
command.

M4 will also let you do other nice tricks, like build a hostgroup from
an external file of IP addresses, like this (need Gnu M4 for this one):

# Customers using DSL to backup T1 circuits - IP address in column 1 of file
hostgroup dsl4t1 esyscmd(echo $(cat /etc/mon/dsl4t1.txt | awk '{print $1}'))