On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 10:43 AM, Eric Wong <normalper...@yhbt.net> wrote:
> This is may be a bug in a C extension RubyGem or even Ruby itself.
> Do you get core dumps + backtraces or any other error messages in the logs?

You'd expect this to be in the Rails app's production.log, right? We
added that to our logging service this morning - we'll check it the
next time this error happens. Maybe we could also try to dig it up
from archived logs.

> Which OS/distribution is this?

Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS

> Since you see SIGABRT/SIGIOT and not SIGSEGV, you might be crashing
> inside the SIGSEGV handler of Ruby itself.
>
> Can you also try --enable-debug-env when you ./configure Ruby?

I guess that would output more details to the Rails production.log in
the event of a crash? Will look into that.

> Thanks in advance for any more info you can provide!

Thanks so much for the help! Much appreciated.