Eric Wong <normalper...@yhbt.net> wrote:
> Feedback comments/greatly appreciated: http://public-inbox.org/

We only have a few days left before this list goes away.

> If needed, there'll be an SMTP replayer to do push delivery like a
> normal mailing list, but anybody may also run the delivery-only
> service, too.

I'm still not sure if I want to run one; if I did, I might would take
the drastic step of making the subscribers list public so anybody may
takeover the distribution list[1].

Right now only I (and Rubyforge admins) have access to the subscribers
list on RubyForge, (but I hate website logins, so I never look at it
:P).  I don't feel like anybody should have the exclusive privilege of
knowing who subscribes to a list.

I may also run a read-only NNTP server (not sure how to enforce
a Cc:-all workflow if posting were allowed).

> AFAIK, we don't have many ML subscribers anyways, and VERP seems
> reasonable...

I do get a lot of rubyforge bounce messages from spam bots attempting to
subscribe (and I think some of them succeed, even).  So maybe attempting
to do SMTP delivery isn't worth it with public-inbox...

[1] Obviously I know it'd be easy for spammers to harvest lurker
    this way, but they already harvest addresses from every poster.
    I suspect most folks on ML have decent spam filters these days.
    (and if you don't, I use and recommend SpamAssassin)
__
http://bogomips.org/unicorn-public/ - unicorn-pub...@bogomips.org
please quote as little as necessary when replying