I'll migrate everybody else over around 20140514T20:00Z, otherwise you
might get duplicate messages from being subscribed to both lists.
If you're willing to deal with dupes for a few days, you can try
subscribe/unsubscribe/help commands:

        unicorn-public+subscr...@bogomips.org
        unicorn-public+unsubscr...@bogomips.org
        unicorn-public+h...@bogomips.org
        (help will tell you the rest)

Stop reading here unless you're interested in implementation details :>

I only have mlmmj configured to handle the +commands, outgoing SMTP,
and bounces.  It does not receive normal list traffic like a standard
mlmmj install.  Instead, I have it configured to replay data from ssoma
every minute, so I used (as the mlmmj user):

    NAME=unicorn-public
    URL=git://bogomips.org/unicorn-public.git
    ssoma add $NAME $URL "command:ssoma-replay -L $HOME/spool/$NAME"

Where ssoma-replay is a tiny shell script which reads from stdin:
------------------------------8<--------------------------
#!/bin/sh
MSG=$(mktemp -t ssoma-replay.orig.$USER.XXXXXX || exit 1)
cat > "$MSG"
exec /usr/bin/mlmmj-send "$@" -m "$MSG"
This means it should be easy to have outgoing SMTP on a different server
and allow other folks to run the same service.

Other notes: mlmmj has defaults I like out-of-the-box (unlike mailman,
ugh).  However, archive retrieval with mlmmj is rather painful,
but we have public-inbox and ssoma :)

[1] http://mlmmj.org/
__
http://bogomips.org/unicorn-public/ - unicorn-pub...@bogomips.org
please quote as little as necessary when replying