Hi Dan, I added those reports for people who have crappy proxy servers that keep closing the connections. Lighttpd does this quite frequently for no apparent reason. I'm really starting to not like lighttpd.
Basically, if the file is being served to the client and the client closes the connection mid-stream then it's usually harmless. It means someone just hit the stop button on their browser. But if you're seeing a ton of these then there's probably something wrong, especially if it's to the same file. Take a look at your proxy server settings and consider blocking remote clients that do this often. Another thing is that, if you have your fronting web server configured right so it deals with the static files, then you should see these for static files at all. This means that Mongrel is actually serving the file when really a web server like apache or litespeed should be doing it. I'll be most likely toning down the logging once it seems that the parser is doing good and people think these closed connection warnings are not needed. Let me know if you also see BAD CLIENT dumps with requests that should be legitimate. Also, there's a pre-release up that dumps more information to help track this stuff down like the IP address of the remote client and the time. You can install it with gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/ Zed On 4/21/06 12:25 PM, "Berger, Daniel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Hi all, > > Ruby 1.8.4 > Rails 1.1.2 > Mongrel 0.3.12 > > I'm seeing this output from the Mongrel server: > > Client closed socket requesting file > C:/eclipse/workspace/dslscheduler/public/javascripts/prototype.js: > Invalid argument > > It seems to be harmless, but I'm curious as to what's causing it. Any > ideas? > > Thanks, > > Dan > > _______________________________________________ > Mongrel-users mailing list > [email protected] > http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users _______________________________________________ Mongrel-users mailing list [email protected] http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users
