Interesting. I knew it was available to everyone, but I didn't really
expect it to work for anyone other than railsmachine users. If there
were a 'textdrive' or a 'rimuhosting' gem, I would also expect them to
be specific to their respective environments as well. Maybe it's just
me. :)

I will give it a shot. I'm trying to determine whether to host myself
at home on an old box (Arch Linux) or go with the vpsland account I
just opened (Ubuntu 6.06). (Sorry - I looked at RailsMachine but I
need something really cheap but above shared hosting - we'll see if I
get what I pay for.) It sounds like this is just the functionality I
need because I'm having trouble manually getting Apache 2.2 + Mongrel
+ Capistrano + svn all in sync on my home server.

On 7/5/06, Bradley Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>
> On Jul 5, 2006, at 9:38 PM, Kevin Williams wrote:
>
> Isn't that gem for railsmachine users only?
>
> No, the gem is open source licensed and available from Ruby Forge. In
> theory, you can use it with any server or host. However, you might need to
> tweak the deploy.rb variables  to match your paths, etc.
>
> When configuring multiple clusters, be sure to change the apache_proxy_port
> variable for each app in its 'config/deploy.rb'.
>
> Please let me know how it works for you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bradley Taylor
>
>
> ------
> Rails Optimized Hosting ~ VPS and Dedicated Servers
> Simplified Deployment  ~ Services and Software
> http://railsmachine.com
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Mongrel-users mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users
>
>


-- 
Cheers,

Kevin
_______________________________________________
Mongrel-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users

Reply via email to