On 8/3/06, Zed Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 10:51 -0700, snacktime wrote: > > I have apache 1.3 with mod_ssl in front of mongrel/rails. Apache is > > setup to require client certification, and I'm trying to figure out > > how to pass the ssl env variables to mongrel. Here is the apache > > config to proxy requests to mongrel. I haven't tried to pass env > > variables like this before so I'm not sure if it's the apache config I > > have wrong, if mongrel isn't picking up the env variables I am > > setting, or if it's just not possible to do what I'm trying to do. > > Any guidance would be appreciated. > > > > Did you get this working yet?
No, but the problem is that I'm using apache 1.3 that doesn't have a way to set custom headers in the proxy request. 2.X would work, it's just not an option in this case. In any case it's definitely not a mongrel issue per say. Using scgi does work, although I've ran into a different problem where my app throws a Device Not Configured error when trying to make an https connection after being idle for a few hours. I have a feeling something in the mix isn't thread safe, but it's a bit above me to track down. The next thing I might try is to use pound. It will pass the ssl client certificate to mongrel/rails where I can just do the certificate verification manually with openssl. _______________________________________________ Mongrel-users mailing list [email protected] http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/mongrel-users
