On Aug 25, 2006, at 12:40 PM, linux user wrote:

On 8/25/06, Luis Lavena <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/25/06, linux user <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]

> No by logging I mean capturing all output on console whether generated by
> puts,p,print or by mongrel in a log file.

Ohhh, you're trying to debug your app using puts, print and p?

bad Idea, follow Ezra suggestion, doing that could brake your ERb
renders or something worse...

is that because Rails is not threadsafe?

Nope its got nothing to do with threading. Its just that within the context of a web application stdout doesn't mean what you think it means. THats why you should just use the logger. Erb does its own thing with stdout so puts and print in rails is a nono.

-Ezra