Hi everybody,

   I just suscribe to the list because I have a problem using mongrel and
mongrel_cluster... I setup a server (debian unstable wich provide apache
2.2.3 as a pakage) but I have an error when I try to access my application :
ERROR 403 :  Forbidden, You don't have permission to access / on this
server.

When I check apache's logs I found that :
[warn] proxy: No protocol handler was valid for the URL /. If you are using
a DSO version of mod_proxy, make sure the proxy submodules are included in
the configuration using LoadModule.

I googled this error and I found that I have to load 3 differents modules,
so I typed :
a2enmod proxy
a2enmod proxy_http
a2enmod proxy_balancer
each time I get this return : This module is already enabled!

So I have no idea to what can i do ...
This is my config :
-----------------------
cat /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/proxy.conf
<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
       #turning ProxyRequests on and allowing proxying from all may allow
       #spammers to use your proxy to send email.

       ProxyRequests Off

       <Proxy *>
               AddDefaultCharset off
               Order deny,allow
               Allow from all
               #Allow from .example.com
       </Proxy>

       # Enable/disable the handling of HTTP/1.1 "Via:" headers.
       # ("Full" adds the server version; "Block" removes all outgoing Via:
headers)
       # Set to one of: Off | On | Full | Block

       ProxyVia On
</IfModule>
-----------------------
cat /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/demo.mysite.com
<VirtualHost *:80>
 ServerName demo.mysite.com
 DocumentRoot /var/rails/demo.mysite.com/current/public

 <Directory "/var/rails/demo.mysite.com/current/public">
   Options FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
 </Directory>

 <Proxy balancer://mongrel_cluster>
        BalancerMember <http://127.0.0.1:8000/>
        BalancerMember <http://127.0.0.1:8001/>
        BalancerMember <http://127.0.0.1:8002/>
 </Proxy>

 RewriteEngine On

 # Make sure people go to demo.mysite.com, not myapp.com
 #RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^myapp.com$ [NC]
 #RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.myapp.com$1 [R=301,L]
 # Yes, I've read no-www.com, but my site already has much Google-Fu on
 # www.blah.com. Feel free to comment this out.

 # Uncomment for rewrite debugging
 #RewriteLog logs/myapp_rewrite_log
 #RewriteLogLevel 9

 # Check for maintenance file and redirect all requests
 RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/system/maintenance.html -f
 RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !maintenance.html
 RewriteRule ^.*$ /system/maintenance.html [L]

 # Rewrite index to check for static
 RewriteRule ^/$ /index.html [QSA]

 # Rewrite to check for Rails cached page
 RewriteRule ^([^.]+)$ $1.html [QSA]

 # Redirect all non-static requests to cluster
 RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
 RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ balancer://mongrel_cluster%{REQUEST_URI} [P,QSA,L]

 # Deflate
 AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
application/xml application/xhtml+xml text/javascript text/css
 BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
 BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4.0[678] no-gzip
 BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

 # Uncomment for deflate debugging
 #DeflateFilterNote Input input_info
 #DeflateFilterNote Output output_info
 #DeflateFilterNote Ratio ratio_info
 #LogFormat '"%r" %{output_info}n/%{input_info}n (%{ratio_info}n%%)'
deflate
 #CustomLog logs/myapp_deflate_log deflate

 ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/demo.mysite.com_errors_log
 CustomLog /var/log/apache2/demo.mysite.com_log combined

</VirtualHost>

(Configuration comes principaly from
http://blog.codahale.com/2006/06/19/time-for-a-grown-up-server-rails-mongrel-apache-capistrano-and-you/
)

I need some help, thanks.
(Hope you understand my english... I'm french)