Is mongrel not releasing the memory used for these operations? I need
to use send_file to stream some static images (4k max) (approved,
declined, etc) which rails then turns into new cached images. This
allows a group of people to get the current status of an item via html
email with images. It's a neat hack, but I'd like to make it better.