If it is from the same client and same time where you try to access the GUI,
you can ignore these errors ... the browser usually tries initial requests in
parallel (like favicon, etc.) to increase the speed of page loading. When it
gets the "authentication required" error, it performs authentication and loads
the resources.

You can use for example wireshark/tcpdump to see the whole communication.

Best regards,
Martin