From: monit-general []
On Behalf Of Jose V Beneyto
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: monit sms alert with script

Hi Damjan,

On 14/10/16 13:19, Damjan wrote:

I have MONIT setup to send alarm on email.

I have now a script which send SMS but don't know how to implement that into
MONIT to also get SMS not just email.

I hope that helps.
You can add an extra line to your setup to also execute a script:

... then alert
... then exec "/path/to/your/executable"

There are some examples using the 'exec' option:

Here is a string which I use in terminal to send SMS, how to implement that in
MONIT to get also SMS alerts?

send-sms -u myusername -p mypassword mymobile0127466424 "Message on SMS - Monit
Problem XYZ"

I'm not sure about extra arguments passed to your executable.
I prefer to use a wrapper script for these purposes, but this also may work:

... then alert
... then exec "/path/to/send-sms -u myusername -p mypassword mymobile0127466424
'Message on SMS - Monit Problem XYZ'"

Best regards,

Jose V Beneyto | <>
To unsubscribe: