The error message is logged each cycle the limit is exceeded - that is normal.

The cycles limit is related to the action - in your case it's alert action, but
there is no alert target in your configuration file, so no action is performed
after 5 cycles (the service will just enter the error state).

You can check that the cpu usage error is not set during the first four cycles
using for example "monit status". If you want to get notification after 5
cycles (and see the alert action logged too), you need to add "set alert
<address>" statement and "set mailserver"