Hi Jb,

So far this is the error we are getting:

Unable to load type 'System.Web.WebPages.PreApplicationStartCode' of
assembly  'System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

Info PEVerify over System.Web.Mvc.dll also goes in the same direction, it´s
seems issue comes from custom attributes for PreApplicationStartMethod and
TpeForwardedTo

In addition, anytime we need to update a reference assembly for fixing
custom attributes a new strong-name deletion has to be done for saving it,
so the initial process starts again for referenced assembly (transitivity
you metioned)

Thanks
David

El jueves, 25 de enero de 2018, 22:54:16 (UTC+1), Jb Evain escribió:

> Removing strong name is usually hard as you have to clean references of
> the transitive closure of all assemblies that your program uses.
>
> What error are you getting? That will usually tell you where to start
> looking.
>
> Jb
>
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 7:43 AM, Molowe <david.c...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have built an Injector framework basis on Cecil. So far, I have no
>> issues for injecting aspects to custom.Net Assemblies (client code), so one
>> of my goals is to take step further and try to inject some logic inside
>> native .NET Assemblies (in this case I´m instrumenting System.Web.Mvc.dll).
>> I´m able to inject required aspects inside it, and delete System.Web.Mvc
>> strong name and related attributes (creating a new copy) , and update
>> SampleWeb.dll (MVC web proyect which references System.web.Mvc.dll)
>> reference for consuming the clean copy of System.Web.Mvc.dll without strong
>> name.
>>
>> In addition I´ve refreshed all SampleWeb.dll references (by directly
>> importing types inside each one), and also I have updated System.Web.Mvc
>> references (over new copy). In addition I have updated "InternalsVisibleTo"
>> attributes in those assemblies for which System.Web.Mvc.dll depends on
>> (when needed)
>>
>> So far, I continue exploring posibilities but I´m not able to run
>> SampleWeb
>>
>> question here : It should be enough using this approach for achieving
>> this goal?  or I´m missing something
>>
>> thanks in advance !
>>
>> --
>> --