On Sep 16, 2016, at 1:23 PM, Rolf Kvinge <rolf.kvi...@microsoft.com> wrote:
> So mono would install its signal handlers twice?

I think that could be made to work, but I think it may also be somewhat moot.

While chatting over the scenario with Rodrigo, an interesting question/point
came up:

Can the 3rd party crash reporters *chain*? That is, if e.g. HockeyApp grabs the
SIGSEGV signal, can it invoke the previously registered SIGSEGV handler as part
of it’s operation?

Mono doesn’t necessarily need to be the first signal handler; it just needs to
be executed. Thus, the following sequence of events should be fine:

        process startup
        mono registers SIGSEGV
        HockeyApp registers SIGSEGV

Then, when a SIGSEGV is raised due to e.g. use of a null variable, the
HoekcyApp handler will be executed first, at which point it can “chain” to the
mono handler, which will raise a NullReferenceException.

This could result in “false positives” — HockeyApp will “see” SIGSEGVs which
aren’t “real” issues — but otherwise it should work.

 - Jon