Heads up for the S390X people on the list: (and anyone attempting to port Mono
to similar platforms) I’ve heard S390X Linux has a ‘null page’ that allows
reading from NULL; circumventing the runtime’s signal handler to detect such
things. I know AIX also has it, which is why I got
MONO_ARCH_EXPLICIT_NULL_CHECKS added to master. Since I don’t have access to
S390X to verify; if you run into issues with things that dereference null *and*
are resolved with MONO_DEBUG=’explicit-null-checks’, then you should probably
add said define to the architecture-specific headers for the JIT.