Hello,

I finally see where the point is ;-)
Unfortunately I have to say our hierarchy structure seems to be broken.
From my point of view the MemberName should be introduced in DeclSpace class and not in MemberCore where should be only your LocatedToken. But this change is not simple. Then we should avoid this for most of cases.

Well, is it mandatory fix that should be done before introducing
line number stuff? I think it's far beyond the scope of location
stuff and you can make such changes later.

Introducing more than two big changes at a time (and more
importantly on my side, while I don't fully understand the code
structures) would be rather harmful. Two weeks ago this patch was
about 60KB and your first comment was "it's massive" ;-)

namespace_or_type_name
    : member_name
    | namespace_or_type_name DOT IDENTIFIER {
-        $$ = new MemberName ((MemberName) $1, (string) $3);
+        LocatedToken lt = (LocatedToken) $3;
+        $$ = new MemberName ((MemberName) $1, lt.Value, lt.Location);
      }
    ;

member_name
    : IDENTIFIER {
-        $$ = new MemberName ((string) $1);
+        LocatedToken lt = (LocatedToken) $1;
+        $$ = new MemberName (lt.Value, lt.Location);
      }
    ;

Do you have the figures how many times are MemberName ctor and LocatedToken ctor called ?

I could get them from profiler results. They are in my previous posts.

I think this is not correct. `lt.Location' is useless we should always print position where identifier begins.

-        $$ = new MemberName ((MemberName) $1, (string) $3);
+        LocatedToken lt = (LocatedToken) $3;
+        $$ = new MemberName ((MemberName) $1, lt.Value, lt.Location)

Oh, sure. I fixed it in the latest patch here:
http://monkey.workarea.jp/tmp/20050706/precise-location-20050706.diff

It changes nothing other than this fix, plus merging the latest
mcs changes.

Martin was wondering when I commit the changes. (I have no idea ;-)

Atsushi Eno