Hi,

Now that it turned out that the bug is not reproducible with the
latest svn HEAD (i.e. the bug report is invalid)...

Alfredo Jose Muela Romero wrote:
        Hello,

El Tue, 09 Aug 2005 13:30:19 +0900
Atsushi Eno <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

Hello,

[...]
In fact using DateTime.Parse() is somewhat stupid ;-) Read
here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/03/CultureInfo/default
.aspx?side=true#a

        The DateTime.Parse method in the Microsoft .NET Framework
        has goals much like its predecessors, but unfortunately
        it suffers from some of the same problems. The code is
        slower since the extra checking takes time, and there
        will always be some new format that is not properly
        detected. In those older products, you may remember, the
        behavior was sometimes disparagingly referred to as "evil
        date parsing."

At least DateTime.Parse() is COM dependent where the behavior
is totally unpredictable and not countable from
DateTimeFormatInfo.

        But in [1] we find that format string we need to specify as a
valid format (see Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo) it is
unfinished :-S

If we have corresponding format string, it is likely to work like
this case.

        May be I lost something... what do you suggest to use instead of
DateTime.Parse() or DateTime.ParseExact()?

I don't understand why we need to find something "instead of
DateTime.ParseExact()". Just use it.

Atsushi Eno