I couldn't read whether your problem went away or not from your
reply... anyways the required steps to do what you want are:

        - To view that "test pages" which we think something we can
          browse when we hit e.g. http://localhost:8080/my.asmx,
          you well have to create service implementation class
          at your server side.
        - It is possible to create a "stub" class for those services
          that are described as WSDLs; run "wsdl -service my.wsdl"
        - Your .asmx file should specify exactly that class name
          generated by wsdl(.exe) and compiled into a dll, rather
          than just "General".

Atsushi Eno

Johann BLAIS wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

I'm using mono-1.1.8.20050824 which seems to be the last version that compile and don't break my web app. Actually, i'm looking for a way to generate test pages for my web services (like the one available when writing a asmx file).
I need a tool that read a WSDL and generate those or that page.

Anyone knows about such a tool ?

Johann

Atsushi Eno a écrit :

Hi,

There was a bug that blocked WSDL processing, which I fixed yesterday.
So if you were trying mono/mcs from svn, please try the latest svn.

Atsushi Eno

Johann BLAIS wrote:

Hello,

I've created a webservice named General and generated the wsdl file using gSoap. I generated the proxy with the wsdl tool. I want to test it using DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.aspx. So i wrote a simple index.asmx containing <%@ WebService Class="General" %> I put the compiled DLL into the bin directory, and then try to access the page http://myserver/index.asmx
I end up with this :

*Error Message: *HTTP 500.

*Stack Trace: *

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object in <0x00375> System.Web.Services.Description.ProtocolReflector:ImportBindingContent (System.Web.Services.Description.ServiceDescription desc, System.Web.Services.Protocols.TypeStubInfo typeInfo, System.String url, System.Web.Services.Protocols.BindingInfo binfo) in <0x0010e> System.Web.Services.Description.ProtocolReflector:ImportBinding (System.Web.Services.Description.ServiceDescription desc, System.Web.Services.Description.Service service, System.Web.Services.Protocols.TypeStubInfo typeInfo, System.String url, System.Web.Services.Protocols.BindingInfo binfo) in <0x0014d> System.Web.Services.Description.ProtocolReflector:ImportService (System.Web.Services.Description.ServiceDescription desc, System.Web.Services.Protocols.TypeStubInfo typeInfo, System.String url) in <0x00135> System.Web.Services.Description.ProtocolReflector:Reflect (System.Web.Services.Description.ServiceDescriptionReflector serviceReflector, System.Type type, System.String url, System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSchemaExporter xxporter, System.Xml.Serialization.SoapSchemaExporter sxporter) in <0x000b8> System.Web.Services.Description.ServiceDescriptionReflector:Reflect (System.Type type, System.String url) in <0x0004b> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentationHandler:GetDescriptions () in <0x00031> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentationHandler:ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext context) in <0x0001a> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SessionWrapperHandler:ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext context)
in <0x00233> System.Web.HttpApplication+ExecuteHandlerState:Execute ()
in <0x0007a> System.Web.HttpApplication+StateMachine:ExecuteState (IStateHandler state, System.Boolean readysync)

Anyone knows if i am doing something wrong or if it is a bug ?

Many thanks.