On 5/2/06, Carlos Solorzano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Can someone else confirm this with me, I have an infinite loop calling a
webpage (google is there just for you guys but I was calling a server
internal to my network). On windows it runs fine but on mono I get a
timeout after the second try. I have 1.1.10.1

using System;

namespace ConsoleApplication4
{
    /// <summary>
    /// Summary description for Class1.
    /// </summary>
    class Class1
    {
        /// <summary>
        /// The main entry point for the application.
        /// </summary>
        [STAThread]
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            int i = 0;
            while(true)
            {

                try
                {

System.Net.WebRequest.Create("http://google.com";).GetResponse().GetResponseStream().ReadByte();
                    Console.WriteLine("new conn " + (i++)  );
                }
                catch(Exception ex)
                {
                    Console.WriteLine("ERROR: " + ex);
                }
                System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(1000);
            }
        }
    }
}

#mono ConsoleApplication4.exe
new conn 0
new conn 1
ERROR: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out
in <0x00147> System.Net.HttpWebRequest:EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult
asyncResult)
in <0x00047> System.Net.HttpWebRequest:GetResponse ()
in <0x00033> ConsoleApplication4.Class1:Main (System.String[] args)

You can/will have problems with this approach under Windows as well.
You do not close the stream, thus not closing the connection. By
default you have only 2 web connections per host, and the next
connections are queued. There may be a bug/problem with the mono
implementation, which does not autoclose the connections in the
timeout period though.

Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a
2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.