Hi Sebastien,

I'm not sure whether my assumptions were correct, because I'm
not using the VS.NET build at all. I've just scanned the project
files for defines that could prevent libgc from detecting new
threads. GC_NOT_DLL is definitely such a define, because it prevents
DllMain () (where new threads are announced) from being compiled.

Now I'm surprised to see that libmono.vcproj and libgc.vcproj are
static libraries, so removing GC_NOT_DLL won't help.

Embedders have to tweak libgc.vcproj to generate a DLL, otherwise
there is no way to register a thread with the GC.
GC_CreateThread () could be a way, but it requires that the FIXME
in win32_threads.c:GC_thread_is_registered () is resolved.

Robert