I'm not that familiar with how partitions work on zSeries (i.e., 390) but
on other IBM systems the partitions look like completely separate machines
to things running on the partition.  Possibly with the exception of the
master partition.  So you would need to do normal inter-system
communication (FTP, whatever) to get to data on another partition.

Again, it could be different on zSeries though...
--
Bill Seurer     IBM System i5 internal compiler development   Rochester, MN
Business: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                         Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]