If I wanted to add this functionality to the mono class library so no
p/invokes are required, does anyone have any suggestions where it
should be added?  I've seen most new functionality added to Mono.*
classes, but I don't see anything like Mono.IO.  Are there any
guidelines on where something like this might go?

       Patrick