On 25.12.2012 18:08, ma...@manfbraun.de wrote:
How does other software handle this [pre-shutdown notification,
time-chnages and so on] ?? I've just read about "upstart". Is
there a common API to that, so I could start to write one or
the other function/API call with Interop ??

No, the proper way under mono is to implement System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase and install a init script (and/or upstart job, and/or systemd unit file) to run the service under mono-service. This way the native init system will signal to mono-service, which in turn will shutdown your service properly.

This will also help you under Windows.

Does probably have the java guys more system wrappers, so
that I should evaluate java ??

But now, I understand, why all my desktop apps - that, I saw until
now, never saves anythings, if I log off ....

Best regards,

++mabra

-----Original Message-----
From: Oskar Berggren [mailto:oskar.bergg...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2012 4:57 PM
To: ma...@manfbraun.de
Cc: mono-devel-list@lists.ximian.com
Subject: Re: [Mono-dev] Status of Win32/SystemEvents

Many of those events do not have simple one-to-one counterparts on
Linux or anything besides Windows, because there is a greater variety
in how things are done, e.g. different desktop envirorments (or none
at all). Several of the things you mention can probably be detected
from GNOME or KDE respectively (to give just two examples). "Time
changed" should probably be detected below the layer of GNOME/KDE.

/Oskar