> From: Zoltan Varga [mailto:var...@gmail.com]
>
>   mono used to support this functionality, but the code to do that was very
> problematic, and it is disabled in recent mono releases.

Thanks - So - Here's what I'm trying to do.

Multiple processes want to read and modify a file, but the file must be locked
by a single process at any given time.  I can easily open the file with
exclusive read/write lock in a single process, and that will block any other
process from being able to open the file...  But as soon as I close the file in
the first process I want to signal the second process it's ok to try again.

It seems, there is no way to signal another process?  I just have to tell each
process to try opening the file, and if failed, then sleep and repeat?