> From: Rodrigo Kumpera [mailto:kump...@gmail.com]
>
> See icall-def.h

Thanks.  How did you know that?

Since I look in there, I can very clearly see a matching method definition, and
what it's connected to, and I was then able to find the implementation in
source and get all the answers I was looking for - But the method definition I
was looking for was "Lock" which is quite a generic search term in hundreds of
locations.

I'd like to know how I can find that again next time I need it.  Especially if
it's some completely unrelated application (not mono source) where memorization
isn't going to help me.

When an "extern" specifies the dll it comes from, that makes it completely
obvious where to look.  But lots of times "extern"s don't specify a dll, and my
best guess after that, is that the compiler / linker / something in Makefile or
the csproj must be including it, which could be a horrible pain to track down.
I'm hoping there's an easier or better way...

Thanks again.  Helped a bunch this time.