(Assuming this was directed at me...)

I am not sure what facts you believe I "cherry picked". I didn't really
present any facts; I just shared my observations as an aspiring Mono
contributor.

"As for contributing, which one of *your* pull requests have been pending
and not being reviewed?"

That is precisely the point I was trying to make: I have (to this point)
chosen not to contribute because my observations have not convinced me that
such contributions would be an effective use of my time. As I said before,
I love .NET and C#, and I appreciate the effort that has gone into building
Mono; and I would like nothing better to contribute to the success of the
Mono platform. But I have a full time job that doesn't include working on
Mono, and if I am going to spend my personal time contributing to a
project, I need to know that time is being well spent.

This thread is not the first time this subject has come up in the last few
months; I am hardly the first person to suggest that contributing to Mono
is harder than it needs to be. I'm not trying to place blame on anyone, I
am just asking that those who have the most influence consider what they
can do to make Mono a more contributor-friendly project.