> From: Miguel de Icaza [mailto:mig...@xamarin.com]
>
> The build bot does some of this work when you submit a pull request.   It
> does not cover all platforms, nor all configurations, but it is a good first
> step.
>
> But this is not a problem.   Not every patch affects all systems, and most of
> the code is cross platform, so testing on one is enough.

Can you please provide a better response?

The underlying question is, "How can we improve the state of affairs and allow
a better sense of open source community involvement and contribution?"  The
presumption so far has been, the enormous backlog of pull requests and ignored
bugfixes is caused by the necessity to test and review them, for fear that the
community contributions will break stuff.  But if the test process is fully
automated, I guess that's not really the issue.

As a business owner who has staked the success of his entire company on the use
and adoption of mono and Xamarin, and as a software developer, I am constantly
asked by others to review my experience, and assess whether or not I would
advocate those decisions to others, or regret my decisions.  It is extremely
difficult to justify these decisions if it is impossible to get either free or
commercial support for a core technology, *and* even if you fix some bug
yourself you still can't submit or get any review or any type of resolution to
the problem.

The sense of community contributions and bugfixes going unresolved hurts the
community and hurts adoption / advocacy for mono.  Here's hoping we can
overcome that problem.