Hi all.
I think I found a little bug in the BufferedStream.Write() method.

It was checking for the Read permission while I think it should check for the *Write* permission.

I didn't do a testcase, I tested with my own program which was using the Write method. But I can do one if necessary. I'm looking right now in the BufferedStreamTest NUnit file to add a test case.


The patch is attached. It is simple, just change the check.



-- Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.

------
"My grandfather once told me that there are two
kinds of people: those
who work and those who take the credit. He told me
to try to be in the
first group; there was less competition there."
- Indira Gandhi
Index: BufferedStream.cs
===================================================================
RCS file: /mono/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/BufferedStream.cs,v
retrieving revision 1.8
diff -u -r1.8 BufferedStream.cs
--- BufferedStream.cs   11 Sep 2003 23:44:33 -0000      1.8
+++ BufferedStream.cs   25 Sep 2003 01:54:45 -0000
@@ -180,7 +180,7 @@
 
                        CheckObjectDisposedException ();
 
-                       if (!m_stream.CanRead)
+                       if (!m_stream.CanWrite)
                                throw new NotSupportedException ();
                        if (offset < 0)
                                throw new ArgumentOutOfRangeException ();

Reply via email to