Hi all, a while back I considered/tried implementing a WebDAV server in ASP.NET on IIS5 using IHTTPHandler and IHTTPModule interfaces. It seemed like a cool idea, only I got stopped pretty quick because IIS would not (although I said my Handler accepted ALL VERBs) pass the requests (in particular I hung up right away on the OPTIONS command) on to my httphandler, for example:
========= Outbound Message ========= OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1 Host: d-6-ct-01 Connection: TE TE: trailers, deflate, gzip, compress User-Agent: UCI DAV Explorer/0.82 RPT-HTTPClient/0.3-3E Translate: f Accept-Encoding: deflate, gzip, x-gzip, compress, x-compress ========= Inbound Message ========= HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:45:20 GMT Connection: close MS-Author-Via: DAV Content-Length: 0 Accept-Ranges: none DASL: <DAV:sql> DAV: 1, 2 Public: OPTIONS, TRACE, GET, HEAD, DELETE, PUT, POST, COPY, MOVE, MKCOL, PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, LOCK, UNLOCK, SEARCH Allow: OPTIONS, TRACE, GET, HEAD, COPY, PROPFIND, SEARCH, LOCK, UNLOCK Cache-Control: private Though the request should have gone to my HTTPHandler, IIS wanted to answer it itself. :-( Would my idea be conceivable in mod_mono or XSP? I have not tried it yet because my XSP setup is messed up currently (and my backend would not (yet) run on linux), but I might be more inspired if someone said "yeah, sure it would work...". :-) Looking forward to your feedback! Regards, --chris BTW: has anyone out there tried something like this on IIS? Could it be I am doing somthing wrong and it really would work? I know it would go in ISAPI (or have heard this...) but I am just barely keeping my head above water in c# and c++ would push me too far my into the deep end ;-) _______________________________________________ Mono-list maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-list
