Try to use a reader with the Encoding.Default, but I'm not sure it will suffice...
Best regards,
Rafael Teixeira Brazilian Polymath Mono Hacker since 16 Jul 2001
From: Jaime Anguiano Olarra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: Mono List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: [Mono-list] Problem parsing a file with non-UTF8 characters Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 03:15:16 +0200
Hi all,
I am writing a set of tools in order to reopen the Mono Weekly News (as doing them by hand took too much time), you can see the actual status of them here: http://monoevo.sf.net/mwn/tools/
My big problem now is with monocvsspy.cs. It has been working well with the files I have passed it during the tests, but today I tried the actual 2003-September.txt mono-patches file. The result is here:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/src/mwnripper$ ./monocvsspy.exe cvslog-prev Enter file to parse: (default 'cvslog-prev') This is the time now: Friday, 26 September 2003 01:12:09 Enter starting day (permited values [1-31]): 22 Enter ending day (permited values [1-31]): 25 Enter starting month (f.ex: 'Apr'): Sep Searching from 22 to 25, Sep
Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: Arg_InvalidUTF8 Parameter name: bytes in <0x005e1> 00 System.Text.UTF8Encoding:InternalGetChars (byte[],int,int,char[],int,uint&,uint&,bool,bool) in <0x00038> 00 .UTF8Decoder:GetChars (byte[],int,int,char[],int) in <0x00140> 00 System.IO.StreamReader:ReadBuffer () in <0x00051> 08 System.IO.StreamReader:ReadBuffer () in <0x00026> 00 System.IO.StreamReader:Read () in <0x00060> 00 System.IO.StreamReader:ReadLine () in <0x0070d> 00 MonoWeeklyNews.MonoCvsSpy:ParsePatches (string) in <0x00093> 00 MonoWeeklyNews.MonoCvsSpy:Main (string[])
I really don't know how to solve it. It seems to say: "you are trying to read characters out of UTF8". Is it because my ~3 weeks old cvs setup is too old or is it something more sophisticated. I am upgrading right now but I don't think the problem will be there.
Cheers,
Jaime. -- // http://www.go-mono.org -- The Mono Project. .NET + freedom.
_______________________________________________ Mono-list maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-list
_________________________________________________________________
MSN Messenger: instale gr�tis e converse com seus amigos. http://messenger.msn.com.br
_______________________________________________ Mono-list maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-list
