Jaroslaw Kowalski wrote:
This is a killer problem. The actual code from "Objects" is here. I don't
want to pollute it with any unnecessary patterns. No factories, adaptors,
facades.

BTW. Some stubs return instances of business objects. This doesn't look
possible in your case.

Well, they can return instances of business objects, but not in a statically-typed way.

Have you looked into the Whidbey "partial classes" feature? I don't know if partial classes can be defined across multiple assemblies, but if so, it would solve your problem.

nrdo's way of doing this is less elegant, btw: It requires you to use C# and put your C# code into the .dfn file, rather than a separate C# file. And then your C# is compiled as part of the Generated Files assembly and isn't able to access anything in your main application assembly.

A good solution to this problem might help nrdo too. Unfortunately, IObjectCreator is the best I can come up with.

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Senior Web Developer
NetReach, Inc.