Does anyone know of any simple language-independent CodeDom testcases/examples that could be used to generate some code that a human could then look at and verify? Ideally some examples that start off doing really simple stuff (I guess defining an empty class in a given namespace would qualify), with gradually increasing complexity to eventually cover all the language features that CodeDom can express...

If not, could the existing tests in mcs/class/System/Tests/Microsoft.* be used as the basis for starting something like that? Do other people agree that it would be a nice thing to have?

As a later feature, I suppose you could test the compilation aspects of CodeDom by compiling the results for each language and using reflection to examine and invoke them. That would give a really nice testsuite for any new language that wants to be CodeDom-capable, and could probably supercede some of the tests in mcs/class/System/Tests altogether (just auto-enumerate all the languages defined in machine.config and run this testsuite against each one).

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Senior Web Developer
NetReach, Inc.