We (an ISP in Toronto) have used it for two sizable projects to date,
1) the backend of a Macromedia flash music player service for the music festival NXNE (a sister fest to SXSW),
which had ~400 bands playing in Toronto just this last week. And this music model will be used for other venues/showcases.
2) the Canadian Wide Science Fair - A site that organizes all the students across Canada that do a Science Fair (in the finals).
this involved a conversion of MS-SQL to Postgres, the only hitch was Postgres doesn't appear to support multiple DataSet return (from function/SP),
and thus we devised a procedure to kinda emulate this.

-tl

Andrew Arnott wrote:

I'd like to collect "case studies", or "simple references" of
organizations, corporations, software houses, financial institution, no
profit orgs, anyone...using Mono for:

Here at Brigham Young University of Provo, Utah, we are preparing to use
Mono, especially mod_mono, to fill a gap that IIS cannot fill with our web
applications. Specifically, Windows is very slow in accessing Novell shares
compared to Linux. Also, IIS cannot host ASP.NET apps when their files are
stored on Novell shares. Mono has no problem with Novell shares, which
makes it the ideal solution.

We will be using Mono to host dozens of web apps, most of them taking
advantage of some advanced features in mod_mono and the System.Web
namespace.

I speak not for all of BYU, but for one college within it, called Family
Home and Social Sciences.

Andrew Arnott