It occurred to me that it might be possible to run Rhino under IKVM to get a quick boost into a mature ECMAScript implementation for Mono. Presumably, with a couple of tweaks to ignore the "cli." prefix that IKVM inserts for .NET classes, it would do most of what's required for the .NET platform's JavaScript.

I have no time or knowledge to pursue this myself, but I'm throwing the idea out there in case anyone wants to run with it. It might be possible to get Rhino+IKVM to production quality quicker than the from-scratch ECMAScript implementation that's being worked on at the moment. Worst case, we end up with two high-quality ECMAScript implementations to choose between :)

Stuart.
--
Stuart Ballard, Senior Web Developer
NetReach, Inc.