Hello ,

It seems to me that the bug I submitted two months or more ago (it
was actually resolved in mono 0.91) appeared again in Beta 3 :-(

Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Unzip the attached archive.
2. cd testdeserialization/object/;mcs obj.cs;mono obj.exe
   This will create file "serializedobject.txt" with serialized object
   inside.
3. cd ../;
   Change the path /home/vadim/archive/tests/testdeserialization/object
   to the actual location of directory "object" in file "testload.cs"
4. mcs testload.cs; mono testload.exe
   This should read the file "object/serializedobject.txt" and
   deserialize it, however it throws the following error:
8<-----------------------------------------------------------
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File 'obj, Version=0.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' not found.
in (unmanaged) (wrapper managed-to-native) System.AppDomain:LoadAssembly
(string,System.Security.Policy.Evidence)
in <0x00004> (wrapper managed-to-native) System.AppDomain:LoadAssembly
(string,System.Security.Policy.Evidence)
in <0x0006f> (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.AppDomain:LoadAssembly
(string,System.Security.Policy.Evidence)
in <0x0006b> System.AppDomain:Load (string)
in <0x0005d> (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.AppDomain:Load (string)
in <0x0001d> System.Reflection.Assembly:Load (string)
in <0x00071>
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader:GetDeserializationType
(long,string)
in <0x0027a>
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader:ReadTypeMetadata
(System.IO.BinaryReader,bool)
in <0x00047>
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader:ReadObjectInstance
(System.IO.BinaryReader,bool,long&,object&,System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo&)
in <0x00088> System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader:ReadObject
(System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryElement,System.IO.BinaryReader,long&,object&,System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo&)
in <0x00167> System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader:ReadObject
(System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryElement,System.IO.BinaryReader,long&,object&,System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo&)
in <0x0007d>
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader:ReadNextObject
(System.IO.BinaryReader)
in <0x000b9>
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader:ReadObjectGraph
(System.IO.BinaryReader,bool,object&,System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Header[]&)
in <0x00192>
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter:Deserialize
(System.IO.Stream,System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.HeaderHandler)
in <0x00017>
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter:Deserialize
(System.IO.Stream)
in <0x000d5> A:Main (string[])
8<-----------------------------------------------------------

Here's my configuration:
8<-----------------------------------------------------------
[EMAIL PROTECTED] testdeserialization]$ uname -a
Linux skif 2.4.25 #2 SMP Fri Apr 23 14:03:00 MSD 2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
[EMAIL PROTECTED] testdeserialization]$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 0.96, (C) 2002-2004 Novell, Inc and Contributors.
www.go-mono.com
        TLS:           normal
        GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC)
        SIGSEGV      : normal
        Globalization: ICU

It's very critical for my application!
Again, this bug was resolved in the previous versions (but I don't
remember the number of bug). Should I post a bug report again?

Also, I think that in such cases (when mono can't find some
assemblies) it should print the probing paths like it's done in MS
.Net...

Best regards,
Vadim B. Guzev
http://u.pereslavl.ru/~vadim/MCSharp/