My guess is that the file watchers don't work on network shares ?

Erik

On Jul 9, 2004, at 8:39 AM, Andrew Arnott wrote:

Greetings,

mod-mono-server.exe is quite the awesome replacement for IIS. Well done.

I do have an issue now with its caching. The ASPX files for the web sites
reside on a remote server accessible via a Novell share, which we access
from Linux via ncpmount. The pages come up just fine, except when changes
are made to the file. On a local Linux partition, mod-mono-server flushes
the cache for a file when it has changed recently. On a Novell share, Mono
fails to monitor file changes and as a result continues caching the page
anyway, so changes to the file only show up after restarting
mod-mono-server.

IIS fails to host ASP.NET web sites at all off of Novell shares because IIS
"failed to start monitoring file changes on..." at any aspx file access.

Maybe Novell shares do not allow monitoring of file changes. But can't we
do a date/time stamp comparison on the files with each page access to detect
changes?

I think I'll write a formal bugzilla report on this, unless there already is
one. But what can be done about this?

- Andrew