> Please don't use pastebin for mailing list posts, as those
> pastes usually expire too soon to be useful for other
> people looking for the same problem in the future.

Yes, you're right, didn't think of that.

BTW, I commented the following line:

text.CssClass = CssClass;

On my Render method, and the exception isn't thrown.

Here's the code:

public abstract class StringEditor<T> : BaseEntityFieldEditor<T> where
T : IDescriptable {

        #region Fields & Properties

        protected TextBox text = new TextBox();

        public string Text
        {
                get { return text.Text; }
                set { text.Text = value; }
        }

        public bool Enabled {
                get { return text.Enabled; }
                set { text.Enabled = value; }
        }

        public int Length {
                get { return text.MaxLength; }
                set { text.MaxLength = value; }
        }

        public bool ReadOnly {
                get { return text.ReadOnly; }
                set { text.ReadOnly = value; }
        }

        public TextBox TextBox {
                get { return text; }
        }

        #endregion Fields & Properties

        #region Events

        protected override void OnInit( EventArgs args )
        {
                base.OnInit(args);
                text.ID = TargetName;
                Controls.Add(text);
        }

        protected override void Render( HtmlTextWriter writer, T t, int
renderCount, bool flipFlop )
        {
                text.CssClass = CssClass;
                SetCaption(t);
                foreach (Control control in Controls) {
                        control.RenderControl(writer);
                }
        }

        private void SetCaption(T t)
        {
                if (Page.IsPostBack && !string.IsNullOrEmpty(text.Text)) {
                        // let's just use the post back value
                        return;
                }
                text.Text = GetCaption(t);
        }

        #endregion Events

        #region Abstract Members

        protected abstract string GetCaption( T t );

        protected abstract string TargetName { get; }

        #endregion

};

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Robert Jordan <robe...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Pedro Santos wrote:
>> http://pastebin.com/m214a6c22
>
> Please don't use pastebin for mailing list posts, as those
> pastes usually expire too soon to be useful for other
> people looking for the same problem in the future.
>
> Robert

Pedro Santos
Home - http://psantos.zi-yu.com
Work - http://www.pdmfc.com