I have commented at bugzilla; the dependency problem with webkit-sharp
is simultaneously easy and hard: webkit-sharp, webkit2-sharp, and
webkitgtk3-sharp
all essentially offers the same-ish APIs, and it is quite easy to move
applications
between them. The problem is that there is currently no webkit2 + GTK2 C#
binding.

But then you have a year to try to figure this out...

webkit-sharp is not only webkit1, but also gtk2.

 https://github.com/hbons/webkit2-sharp - webkit2 + GTK3

https://github.com/openmedicus/webkitgtk3-sharp - webkit1 + GTK3

There is no webkit2 + GTK2 binding, AFAIK.