On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 11:56:32AM -0700, K. Richard Pixley wrote:
> Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> >Nope, and that's not interesting.  Every revision carries along the
> >key identity of the committer, however.  That's probably more
> >interesting than the particular host the revision came from.
> >
> I might care about the host as well.  I learn a lot from determining
> whether you checked this change in initially from your laptop Macintosh
> or from your desktop freebsd box or from our hardware in development
> which happens to be an embedded arm running Linux.  I also learn where
> to look if I want to complete a change someone else may have
> unintentionally committed incompletely.

I'm currently doing exactly this with the current
infrastructure, with author names of [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
[EMAIL PROTECTED], etc.

If more detailed information were required , it is very
simple to just go :

"monotone cert <thisrev> dev-uname `uname -a`"
or
"monotone cert <thisrev> monotone-version `monotone --version`

to add any information you want. I'm fairly sure this could
be automated in the current commit hooks - if not, it might
be worth adding there.

Matt