On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 07:07 -0700, Larry Hastings wrote:
> Let me be clear: I am hardly opposed to changing these tags to custom
> certs.  Indeed, that could offer its own advantages.  But I am curious
> about the reaction of the general monotone community.  I am now well
> acquainted with Mr. Levitte's opinion; what do the rest of you think?

I think it shouldn't be in the same namespace as what we currently use
tags for. Presumably, whichever is used more should be in the 'tag'
certs and the other should get it's own certs (say, 'm7-tag' or
'release' depending on which).

Might be best to put them in 'm7-tag' certs for now, and see if they get
popular enough to switch?

...actually, if we had a convenient way to list arbitrary certs the way
we list tags I think I'd prefer to have releases marked with 'release'
certs, which would leave tags open for using something like this.

Tim