On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 07:15 -0300, Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:
> On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 10:03:23PM -0500, Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 23:37 -0300, Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:
> > > I tried to push a branch named "zat.portuguese", and the server matched
> > > was the first one (phd.db got a new branch, and phd.log had the usual
> > > netsync messages).
> > >
> > > I thought that usher would only match the last one (the only one that
> > > matches!)
> >
> > What was the command line for the client?
>
>  From within the zat working copy:
>
> $ mtn push rumi zat
>            ^^^^ ^^^

Hmm... it shouldn't have matched any server. (bug in connect_to_server
again, should be fixed now.)

Matching is "try to find a server with a matching 'host' line, if that
doesn't work then try to find one with a matching 'pattern' line."

   host "localhost"
This is matched against the literal hostname given to the client. So if
someone does "mtn sync localhost", it will match all of your servers,
and just pick one. You generally won't want to have identical 'host'
lines for different servers (or identical 'pattern' lines, for that
matter). Since the given host was 'rumi', it wouldn't have matched any
servers going by hostname.

   pattern "zat.*"
This will only match if the include pattern has 'zat.*' as an initial
substring. So 'zat' or 'zat.portuguese' won't be matched to this server.
'zat.*' or 'zat.*foo' would. You probably want
   pattern "zat"
.

The 'host' lines are only useful if your machine has multiple hostnames.
So if your machine answers to 'project-1.mtnserver' and
'project-2.mtnserver', you could use
   host "project-1"
or
   host "project-2.mtnserver"
to pick a server to use based on the hostname the client asked to talk
to.

Tim