> I know the project is being still for a long time, but I think an 1.2
> release that officially supports Botan2 would be in order

Put the monotone project up on github, all of the...
code clone / export, website, wiki, ticket dump, releases, etc.
This will attract more eyes, interest, builders,
porters, contributors, issue tracking, etc,
and will relieve some systems maintenance,
except for the mtn repo and lists since github
does not offer those services.

A number of the links and services on...

https://monotone.ca/

appear to be broken or down, including the mtn repo
so no one can clone it at this moment...

mtn clone 'mtn://code.monotone.ca/monotone?net.venge.monotone'

And both the repository fingerprint, and the 1.1 release tarball,
are still not signed by anyone's WoT signed gpg key.

These things should all help the project :)