Hey Wally,

I had the same issue (only with device compilation) after installing Xcode
4.2 with iOS 5 SDK beta 7. I noticed that only iOS 5 SDK was available for
device builds even though 4.3 was still there for simulator builds (hmm?). I
had to downgrade to Xcode 4.1 with iOS 4.3 SDK, which moved the Developer
folder to Developer-4.2, so I had to reinstall MonoTouch 4.1.1.1 as well.

I'm on MonoDevelop 2.6 RC2. I'm unsure if MonoDevelop 2.8 Alpha and
MonoTouch 4.9 Alpha could be of any help?

Mikkel