Hello Robert,

Is your test case one of the attached files in #707 ? if not the I
would appreciate if you could send us your test case and I'll try to
dig up why your particular case occurs (it should not, unless
something swallow the exception).

It seems there's more than a single issue there since #707 also occurs
when _no_ linking is being done (so --nolinkaway is not the solution).

Thanks,
Sebastien