Felix,
DialogViewController ctor has an optional parameter "pushing", if you pass
true then the back button will show.
In my case i subclass DialogViewController, so i've got this - notice the
third param in the base() call

public ExhibitorsScreen () : base (UITableViewStyle.Plain, null, true)

{

EnableSearch = true; // requires ExhibitorElement to implement Matches()

}

If you are creating a DialogViewController in-line with a RootElement, *
pushing* is second arg.

HTH
cd