Hello Karl,

AFAIK this error is caused by a change in iOS 5.1 that does not allow
everyone to write to `stdout` (and return an access denied).

It should only occurs when using "Console.WriteLine" and was fixed in
MonoTouch 5.2.4 [1] (where the exception will be ignored, i.e. no
writing on `stdout`).

If you cannot update to 5.2.4 then you can try:

a) calling: Console.SetOut (new StreamWriter (Stream.Null));

b) add #if DEBUG ... #endif around the Console.WriteLine from your
application (so they won't reach your users)

Regards,
Sebastien

[1] http://docs.xamarin.com/MonoTouch_5.2#Changes_in_MonoTouch_5.2.4