I haven't done a Storyboard with MT.D yet, but opening a Storyboard
viewcontroller from regular old TableSource.RowSelected can be done like
this (note the "Identifier" must be set in the Storyboard+Attributes
Inspector for your view controller)

// Specially for Storyboard !!

var detail =
viewController.Storyboard.InstantiateViewController("vegeIdentifier") as
myVegeViewCtrl;

detail.Title = tableItems[indexPath.Row].Heading;

detail.LoadUrl (tableItems[indexPath.Row].Url);

viewController.NavigationController.PushViewController (detail, true);

HTH
cd